Useful info from infolaw.co.uk re getting Cookie Consent right on your website:
- Only cookies that are strictly necessary for the functionality of the website can be placed before the user’s affirmative action.
- Analytics cookies, advertising cookies and social media cookies can only be placed after the user has provided their valid consent.
- All websites using cookies must include a cookie banner and a Cookies Policy.
- Cookie banners must include a brief but meaningful description of the purposes for placing and using cookies.
- Cookie banners must provide a choice to accept or reject non-strictly necessary cookies.
- Websites must include functionality to allow users to easily withdraw their consent.
- Assuming the user’s acceptance and relying on the use of a website as a form of consent must be avoided.
- The use of pre-ticked consent boxes must also be avoided.
- The technical functionality employed to collect consent must demonstrate that consent was given’.